Code of Conduct
We're all about making the 2024 FIDI Conference an enjoyable and safe experience for everyone. To ensure that you know what is expected of you and what to do in case of any issues, here's a quick rundown of our FIDI Conference Code of Conduct.
Be respectful and considerate:
• Treat everyone with respect. This means being mindful of personal space and being courteous in your interactions.
• No demeaning, harassing, or intimidating behaviour will be tolerated, by anyone; let's keep it friendly and professional at all times.
• We have zero tolerance for harassment. This includes offensive comments about gender, identity, orientation, disability, appearance, race, age, or religion.
• No inappropriate images, stalking, unwanted photography or recording, or unwelcome physical contact.
• If you're exhibiting at the conference, remember: no sexualized images or activities, and keep the attire professional at all times.
• Please be aware that FIDI has the authority to address any inappropriate behaviour. If necessary, we may involve law enforcement. Anyone found violating our conduct guidelines could face consequences, including being barred from the conference and further actions as deemed appropriate.
If you see something, say something:
• If you're being harassed or see someone else being harassed, don't hesitate to reach out. Contact the FIDI Conference team at +32 470 100 960 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• You can approach any FIDI staff on site; our team is here to help and will handle your report with sensitivity and discretion.
• When taking a personal report, FIDI staff will ensure you are safe and cannot be overheard. They may involve other event staff to ensure your report is managed properly. Once safe, we will ask you to tell us about what happened. This can be upsetting, but we’ll handle it as respectfully as possible, and you can bring someone to support you. You won’t be asked to confront anyone, and we won’t tell anyone who you are.
• If necessary, FIDI staff will assist participants to contact security, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the conference.
Use conference tools responsibly:
• When using the FIDI Conference App, website, social media, or email, remember to respect FIDI's reputation and other users.
• Avoid making disrespectful or harmful statements about FIDI, other users, or third parties.
• Be mindful of intellectual property rights and privacy laws when sharing content.
• We're all about fair competition. Avoid discussions about pricing, market allocation, or anything that could be seen as anti-competitive.
• Remember, violating antitrust laws can have serious consequences.
In a nutshell:
• Be kind, professional, and respectful at all times.
• Speak up if you see or experience harassment.
• Use our digital tools wisely and responsibly.
• Stay honest and competitive in a fair way.
Let's make this conference a positive experience for everyone involved. Thank you for doing your part!